A web-browser based FX wallet (Not A MetaMask)

Will it allow export of Fx core address private keys like in other wallets? @kenorb
FX wallet doesn’t have this private key export feature

Definitely for the command-line version, for the extension code it depends (whether it’s going to safe to do it). It’s possible to export right after typing mnemonics. But in the later stages, it depends on the initial design what type of encrypted data is going to be stored.

1 Like

Voted Yes.

1 Like

one question got into my mind as i saw the proposal. I cant see in the proposal how many coins are requested. Am i blind, or is it just not shown there? i mean i know that he want to request 100k out of the forum, but its not obvious in the proposal itself. Could that be changed @zaccheah ?

Ideally this should show below the Initial Deposit, so it would be good to add it.

Currently you can only see it in JSON dump like 100000000000000000000000.

To convert into human-format, check the suggestions from: How to convert long format prices (with lots of zeros) into FX?. Basically you need to remove 18 zeros from the end.

@kenorb I have reached out to you privately to discuss this project further

2 Likes
  • Mechanics: Javascript based (Node.js) software, compatible with Chrome and Firefox web browsers (and similar), used to interact with the FX blockchain by connecting to the specified node (without need to synchronizing a full node).

I wonder what is targeted by the ‘specified node’ ? Which node is that? Can I select one, or is it fixed ?

It can be selectable by the user (node and type of network: testnet or mainnet).

1 Like

Guys and girls, please vote it’s the last day.

7 Likes

Myself and many other people are quite concerned about the future of EGF proposals now that the first one made by a non-pundi staffer has failed.

Can we please have a post-mortem on the low participation and failure here?

I for one would immediately request a refund of kenorbs FX considering what happened and a very clear path forward for any future proposal makers to garner success.

This is a terrible look for the project and any aspiring developer wanting to access our fund pool is going to have serious doubts about losing money. $13,000 is a near criminal loss at this point for kenorb.

9 Likes

Zac,

A lot of people don’t use the Forums or Telegram and may not even use Twitter, you have to find a better way to reach those people or they don’t know there are even proposals to vote on. Telchar made a good suggestion, everyone uses the FX wallet to delegate, as you can see by the strong delegation numbers, and I bet a lot of people check on their FX wallet daily to see how much they’ve gained or even to check it’s still there; therefore, why not create a notification in the FX wallet that there’s a proposal to be voted on. I’m sure you’ll get more people involved this way.

6 Likes

Hi @zaccheah @DavidK ,

At this initial stage of our decentralization journey, any proposal is sure to fail the relative high quorum without founders’ and or foundation’s vote as token ownership and active participation are still way too centralized with you guys and the organizations you represent.

This failure is unfair to @kenorb. No one would have expected that you guys didn’t participate in the first ever community proposal vote. If you guys had voted no, then the fairness needle might have moved just a little, but that will still leave a bad taste in every concerned Pundian’s mouth as @kenorb had presented a non-frivolous proposal.

Please return @kenorb 's 10k FX deposit.

We need to improve the process substantially before imposing such punitive action against @kenorb .

Regards.

MakeTheSwitch

9 Likes

Is this a joke?

Just woke up, was hoping to see it get passed last minute. Disappointed that it got rejected.

Come to think of it, 283mil tokens are being bonded and there are only wallet 2000 holders - which is an avg of 115k+ FX per holder - which means 67% (283m) of total supply staked is being held by only 2000 holders.

Is the team holding majority of the tokens in separate anonymous wallets? Since that will actually give them majority of the voting power behind the scenes.

Although i think the incubator fund that Kenorb requested - 100k FX - is a bit too high for just a wallet? Since the team can just hire a developer to make a wallet with not even 10k USD. I’m not a tech person so i do not know how complicated it actually is to make one, so forgive me.

I guess the give-and-take has to be reasonable from both sides.

Because if you think about it, 100k FX - 8 months span for a desktop wallet is kinda overkill, maybe? It doesn’t look like proper usage of the fund imo which can be ultilize in a better way, it looks like overspending.

Although, i would vote for Kenorb’s wallet again if it gets a second try if he gets refunded.

Have to be fair to both sides and see from a neutral standpoint.

@kenorb I applaud you for being the first community proposals, and hopefully this project can still make it. I’ll personally refund the FX tokens you used for a second voting.

@all To be able to > 10% of token particpation in NAMMY in all honesty not an easy feat. Go take a look at how other major DAO proposals perform to get a sense of it.

@Telchar @JL23 that is a splendid idea, to have a window to vote via f(x) Wallet.

To address a larger question, the high quorum needed does impede (and safeguard) the system. If quorum is too low, a whale can just buy up $fx and vote to get all the EGF funds, that can be disastrous. In NAMMY’s case it has proven to impede the passing of this proposal.

@SCENE majority of tokens are sitting in exchanges, hence it isn’t tracked on-chain. Just look can the $fx volume these exchanges do each day.

Also @SCENE it’s possible that your reasoning could be why some holders sat on fence. I personally think if it’s a well-crafted and well-managed extension this amount is def worth it, not just a github-fork that can be done in few days.

7 Likes

I did mentioned a few times too before that it would be great, to have f(X)Wallet pop a notification whenever a proposal gets proposed by default so delegators know what’s up.

And we will get to “Favorite” a proposal to get on-going notifications regarding the proposal’s progress.

People may ask - Why have a “Favorite” option? Because, incase, in future when there are multiple devs submitting proposals, users of f(X) Wallet won’t get bombarded with notifications every second that a proposal is being submitted. So basically, a turn on/off switch in the settings and a “favorite” option on each proposal to keep track on each proposal that you have interest in.

The pop-up notification also act as a reminder to all users that “Hey, we have a proposal going on, please exercise your rights and vote”!

Sometimes, humans need a reminder to do something even if they already know that they need to do something, an extra push like a notification would help greatly :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hi @zaccheah ,

Thanks for personally refunding the FX tokens to @kenorb

Do consider introducing incentives for fx holders to vote to mitigate voting fatigue as I foresee there will be many more proposals to vote on and if there is no incentive to vote, people’s voting interest is likely to wane… I believe the voting culture within the community needs to be cultivated through incentives at least in the initial stages to promote taking the action to vote.

Regards.

MakeTheSwitch

1 Like

I agree with @SCENE . We need to know what is in functionx plugin, if not a programmer can easily fork a plugin from Metamask code, no? And shouldn’t grant be in USD if fx token value goes up x10 it will be weird for the recipient, in a good way for him but bad token management for the foundation.

3 Likes

@zaccheah @DavidK

The problem we are facing, countless of community members have point it out…

People don’t use desktop anymore as they uses smart phone… we are not 90years old… we are youth that believe and drive on improving innovation…

Don’t expect to get more vote if you can’t implement phone voting on FX wallet . …

Pls listen to the community more… some people’s suggestion might sound stupid… but take a deep breath and think it over… they are actually making sense…

If you can’t make implementations simple, we will keep having problems and lose more community members…

The project will then lose strength, and people will only buy it when it pump… and ofcause dump it thereafter, … Afterwards all the organic growth we are preaching will become useless…