Update: BOB Phone will not go into production

Lew’s channel would be a cool shout-out, I think the channel content would also be appropriate with the BOB phone. If anyone has contacts for YouTubers that are suitable for our products feel free to get in contact with me or anyone from the rest of the team.

1 Like

I sent over an email to Lew about 30 mins ago. Awaiting response.

1 Like

My suggestion is use existing phone from a brand , a good one from a early generation
is possible to make a good deal with a brand for a top early generation phone
EX: Xiaomi Mi9 Blockchain editions

3 Likes

I had sent these guys messages a while back, including many more top youtubers. It would be great if we can actually send them the BOB once fully ready.

I am sure they have forgotten about it. Near launch of BoB, a reminder would be needed absolutely. Edward Snowden as well.

I am very bullish about BOB.

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can find my old list of suggestions I made regarding BOB.

On that list it had the type of industries to market Bob to, such as solicitors firms, etc in short privacy orientated sectors. It can help down the road.

1 Like

True, also the organic talks that are occurring online now are great resource.

One question, I don’t have a hate intention, but could you tell why the phisical blockachain phone BOB is superior against software based DENT? I mean BOB has two operating mods Ordinary and Blockchain. DENT is bullt for every kind of mobile phones, blockchains should be just a way of how “informations”/ Data is used . Does it mean that Bob’s main competitors are projects like DENT?

1 Like

Physical blockchain phones will become nodes in FX Core blockchain. I won’t say it is superior to software based offering similar features. I don’t think that is the main competitor. It is integral to what PUNDIX is hoping to achieve by having nodes operating with FX Core blockchain widely distributed through physical machines (XPOS terminals, BOB Phones, and perhaps physical machines/IOT operating with FX Core blockchain with other forms/functions in the future).

1 Like

They are brilliant, but simply putted, world needs POS terminal (PundiX), world doesn’t need BOB, simple as that. By the way, PundiX deserves to reach top 10. But it has to big goals and vision, it’s few steps ahead of whole market, if they let them now to be that big, they will rule over the market.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

When we introduced BOB (project name: XPhone) we envisioned a phone that is decentralized and extremely secure. We made that happen with our prototype which we showcased in CES, MWC, CoinDesk etc. On stage, we did a live phone call on blockchain connecting to a Uber-like app on blockchain, amongst others.

As of now we have no plans to revive the BOB production due to: 1) low pre-sales volume and (2) disruption in factory production. Item 2 is strongly related to item 1. Because our order is in the thousands (as opposed to 100s of thousands), many production plants are unwilling to produce for us unless we pay a substantially higher production cost. These plants produce the biggest brand names so we can’t fault them for this.

We are truly thankful for the hundreds of people that have pre-ordered. Many of you have already been refunded after we announced the refund option. Others of you have held out (deciding not to get a refund) because you really wanted to get a BOB. To all the believers, I strongly suggest you proceed with the refund. We have your contact details and if one day we manage to revive BOB (especially after FunctionX takes off) you will certainly be in our contacts list. Shout out especially to the Japanese community who pre-ordered many units.

Thank you.

8 Likes

hope my free prize one holds on the books in case we revisit BOB, I hope BOB gets new interest once main net is up, I don’t understand why now to announce the dropping of bob so close to main net and the network we where waiting on so much to carry bob into history

maybe make BOB NFT’s and when you have enough people buy a BOB NFT then go ahead to manufactures, if there is a register of NFT’s that have been brought maybe another phone company might say hey we’ll do a special editiion of one of our models and collect on the nft’s pool you gathered, if the NFT is worth say 50 FX now in the short term, in the long term this could be a big pay day for a manufacture to do a special addition for Pundians, add it to the PUNDIX staking rewards

@PundiXApple While we started off with a very well-design XPOS Point-of-Sales, our focus have been, for over a year, to engage the big players to install our software into their Point-of-Sales. So you’re suggestion is correct.

@LKYBOB The door is not closed permanently, but I think it’s fairer to people that have preordered BOB to know our plans. Also, if there is a revived version, it will likely be a collaboration with an existing phone maker. The focus near term, is to get Mainnet out safely and securely as it is the basis for all things forward.

11 Likes

NFT? maybe

Imho it is even better to coop with big brand phone maker(s) to implement the software on their phone.
Imagine, Huawei or Samsung delivering next generation phone, real blockchain phone, promoting it world wilde, telling the world it runs on fxchain, it is the safest phone there is, you own your data, no phone provider needed…

It will put functionx on the map!

The BOB phone was and maybe still is great, fun and prototype, but it is prototype in the end.

I see the production hitch of bob just as a “skip the prototype” and directly go big with main phone manufactorer.
Just a matter of time.

4 Likes

While BOB is on hold, we can partner with Phone companies to use FX OS on their phones. That will be good goal after Function X mainnet. I am assuming FX OS is ready to be loaded.

1 Like

or BOB software will suit any android phone, maybe Pundi might make a way to load BOB software to an old phone and stuff new phone manufactures

Any future possibilities will likely be in the form of collaboration with established handphone company.

I need to stress again that it will depend on FXCore Mainnet and the team’s focus right now is to build up Function X Mainnet. If we get Mainnet right and strong, all is possible including loading FX OS into all kinds of Android mobile phones.

Also, change thread topic from “BOB Phone” to “Update: BOB Phone will not go into production”

9 Likes

yes we should focus to get the software out to the manufacturers that they use it as dual mode for their phones. The physical phone can be a gimmick that can be released later.
ultimate goal is to get the fx software working on every android phone of the world…

2 Likes

Oneplus @zaccheah they seem interested in blockchain.

4 Likes