F(x) Core validator node setup on f(x)Core Testnet

Hi!
My full node is setup and currently syncing up.
However, impossible for me to grab any test FX from the faucet ?
Anyone can help me at this stage ?
Here’s my FxCore FX TestNet address:
fx1m5zam7j6aqg5r7k8jc69mp5ct4ne0yj87xnas5
Thanks…

For the record, I’m using a USB-bootable NVMe drive on RPi4-8Go with Ubuntu Server 20.04.3, and binary full node.

1 Like

And BTW node’s been syncing for a very long time now and still catching up. Is there a reason why it’s so slow ? (i have fiber but download “catching up” speed seems to stay at 175 kbps max)

last time it took 2 days for me

How can you see Testnet Validators. I’ve checked my app on Android, and I can’t change the network to Testnet (the option is not there).

Shouldn’t testnet addresses start with fx3 or something (like for Bitcoin), not fx1? Otherwise, how do we differentiate mainnet vs testnet addresses?
I’ve posted separate thread about it.

Here: aabbcc-explorer.functionx.io
Or you can download the beta TestNet app:
f(x)Wallet Beta

Could you send some fx to fx1testq0nmkkpd84qj4rde7l42a5nw3g8kucuyq7 as well?
I’ve already synced node, and ready to connect the account for testnet as per steps.
Thanks.

Sent

USB-bootable NVMe drive on RPi4-8Go with Ubuntu Server 20.04.3, and binary full node

looks good

and yes it will take a few hours or days to sync up

Welcome to the club! @ClaudioxBarros @wolfpack64

2 Likes

Thanks Richard!!!

Could you send to mine as well? Got still 0. Thanks.

Hey @Richard … any inputs on this please.

Thanks @zaccheah

1. For ledger option for keys … do we need to have a ledger device is it? Sorry if its a noob question … If we need one … is there a way we can use it on the cloud ?

yes you will need a ledger wallet

Do we have any tutorial on recovering ? Assuming my host is crashed … how would we recover the validator to the previous state ? can you give me some hints if we dont have a tutorial … I will give it a try to make sure I understand it.

if you are referring to a lost connection and your validator is being “jailed” you may refer to the “unjail” validator in the Setting Up a Validator for f(x)Core Testnet section

For the general method in creating the keys … what all security measures do we need to make its protected ?

i dont quite get this question. are you asking whats the best practise on key management?

Address: fx1testq0nmkkpd84qj4rde7l42a5nw3g8kucuyq7
FX Balance: 1,500 FX ($0)
Total Assets: $0
Number of Tx: 1 Tx

should be in. i can see the transaction in the explorer. is your wallet configured to testnet or are you looking at the testnet explorer?

Ok, got it, thanks. I was looking at the wrong non-testnet wallet/explorer.

yes you will need a ledger wallet

have a ledger but not sure how to use it on a cloud instance. Will check more on it if its not possible then I will be forced to set it on my own hardware I think.

if you are referring to a lost connection and your validator is being “jailed” you may refer to the “unjail” validator in the Setting Up a Validator for f(x)Core Testnet section

No, I am not refering to lost connection … Lets say my hardware crashed including disk… how to import the existing keys to re initiate the validator on a new hardware ?

i dont quite get this question. are you asking whats the best practise on key management?

Yes, I am also looking in to it, was just checking what all you recommend.

You run “fxcored keys add” with “–recover” option to recover the existing account.

Thanks @kenorb will give a try.

Thanks everyone for your help !
I confirm TestNet phase will avoid future mistakes on mainnet.

Up and running !!

2 Likes