Number of $FX requested (incubator fund): 100000 $FX;
Proposal belongs to which segments: Developer Fund;
Incubator fund distribution timeframe and milestones.
Distribution timeframe: 100k across 8 months.
- 1st stage - 10k $FX - 1st month - initial repo, development and testing, plan and architecture
- 2nd stage - 10k $FX - 2nd month - setting up test environment, writing required libraries or using the existing, figuring things out
- 3rd stage - 10k $FX - 3rd month - testing transfers (receive/send) on testnet via web-browser, adding new accounts feature, bugs/fixes, docs
- 4th stage - 10k $FX - 4th month - adding different networks, custom RPC, Chrome and Firefox compatibility fixes, UI/UX, docs
- 5th stage - 10k $FX - 5th month - advanced settings, support, import and restore, bugs and fixes, support and more docs
- 6th stage - 10k $FX - 6th month - testing transfers on mainnet, more fixes and security stuff, bullet proof steps to ensure people won’t lost wallets, UI/UX, docs, web interface improvements
- 7th stage - 10k $FX - 7th month - Publishing official app to Chrome web store and Add-ons for Firefox, community requested features
- 8th stage - 10k $FX - 8th month - Community extra features, Dapps?, more fixes
- extra 20k $FX - cloud and server costs (maintaining a full testnet/mainnet node across the whole period), backend services, docs and other resources, also extra risk for the unknowns.
- Estimation for each month (20 working days) is based on ~500fx/day (dev/team and to cover other IT costs).
- The overall cost is based on the predicted complexity of the project. There are so many challenges to solve.
Name of the proposal: TBC (maybe something like NAMM? - Not A MetaMask)
Description: A web-browser extension (a cryptocurrency wallet) used to interact with the FX blockchain. It allows users to access their FX wallet through a browser extension or to interact with decentralized applications.
Questions (to community):
- What features would you expect, apart of the blockchain transfers?
- Which browsers would you like to be supported (e.g. Brave, Beaker, Opera)?
Proposed features (optional, if time allows):
- Interacting with Dapps in your web-browser via web extension.
Benefits to F(X) ecosystem: It can be hugely beneficial for people to import and use their wallet outside a mobile app on their laptops.
With over 30 years of software engineering experience, I specialize in variety of technologies, programming, tooling and delivering complex projects.
I’ve been working for large enterprise companies, including a decentralized blockchain company for the enterprise clients across the globe.
My recent personal project includes free and open source Forex trading robot which was developed across many years.
Reasons why the project should be selected and supported and included an analysis of the competitive landscape;
- Open source code smart contract and free to use by anybody.
- Transparent progress during stages.
- By using a web-browser solution, more people is going to know about FX.
- Once this project is implemented, stable and challenges are solved, can be expanded to use with Dapps.
- Funds are safe due to open-source nature of the code, anybody else could validate/verify the code which they’re using.
- Easy to use from the web-browser.
- Due to Node.js approach, we may have some compatible command-line tooling as well.
The proposed project is more competitive, because:
- Similar software such as MetaMask can only work with Ethereum, not FX.
- There are not really much similar software on the market.
Include attachments, such as GitHub links, product prototype, video, planning, blueprint, twitter, etc.
- GitHub: TBC (https://github.com/kenorb)
- Product prototype: on request
- Blueprint: on request
- Twitter: not needed
- Videos: on request
Licensing: GPL (open to suggestions).
All code open-source (repo).
Do not delete this part
Disclaimer: This poll is just a tool to get the sentiment around this proposal and it will NOT affect on-chain voting in any way. If your proposal is getting a good sentiment around the community, it might signal that the proposal is good to go to the next phase, otherwise, some modifications might be necessary.